Nimish Bhatia from Uppercrust shares a recipe that you must try at your next party.
4 chicken breasts (125 g each)
4 tsp lemon, lime juice
2 tsp zaatar
2 tsp garlic paste
4 tsp olive paste
4 tsp pine nuts paste
80 g curd (hung)
50 ml pure olive oil
4 basil sprigs
8 olives green
10 g pine nuts roasted
Onion rings, for garnish
5 g aniseed, saunf, fennel seeds powdered
5 g jeera powder (powdered cumin )
5 g cilantro, coriander chopped
salt to taste
- Clean the chicken breast and gently beat it with a steak hammer to evenly flatten it. Marinate the breast with lemon juice, salt & za’atar powder.
- Later make the second marination with hung curd, salt, za’atar powder, olive paste, pine nut paste, garlic paste, olive oil, lemon juice, fennel powder, cumin powder, chopped coriander stem & chopped olive. Keep it aside for 2 hours.
- On a flat grill, cook the chicken till it gets those gorgeous grill marks and well done. Take it off the heat and leave it to cool.
- In a pan, heat olive oil, thyme sprig, crushed garlic & heat the marination. This reduction marinade will be the relish for chicken.
- Delicately slice the chicken & arrange nicely on the bed of khubz (bread).
- Serve it alongside onion rings, a spoon of olive paste & sprinkle of roasted pine nuts. Just before serving, add the marinade. Serve chilled.