Green olives, chopped; 200 g
Roasted walnuts; 1/2 cup
Garlic cloves, minced; 4
Pomegranate paste or molasses; 4 tbsp
Fresh mint, chopped; 1/2 cup
Pomegranate seeds; 1/4 cup
Ground angelica; 1/4 tsp (optional)
Salt and pepper; as needed
1. Toast walnuts until the room is filled with a pleasant aroma. Allow to cool at room temperature. Give them a rough chop.
2. In a bowl, add olives, walnuts, chopped mint, minced garlic and pomegranate paste or molasses. Season as required.
3. Mix well and place in an air tight container, over-night in the fridge.
4. When ready to serve, give a good mix and add pomegranate seeds. Mix again.
5. Serve with lavash bread, baguette slices or crackers.