Your cart is empty now.
Avail a special 10% off on your first order. Use code WITHLOVE10 on checkout.
Saffron Buckwheat Pilaf | Recipe
Cook Time : 45 minutes
- Buckwheat Groats, 1 cup
- Saffron Strands, 1/2 tsp
- Milk, 1 tsp
- Water, 1 cup
- Oil, 2 tbsp
- Whole Cashews, 1/4cup
- Golden Raisins, 2 tbsp
- Dried Cranberries, 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon Stick, 1 inch
- Bay Leaf, 1
- Green Cardamom Pods, 3
- Ginger, 1 tsp
- Cloves, 4
- Salt, to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan and add in the cashews, raisins, and cranberries. Once the cashews are golden-brown and the raisins and cranberries turn plump, transfer them out into a bowl.
- Combine the saffron strands with warm milk. Set aside.
- Heat oil in another skillet and add in the spices and ginger. Once fragrant, add the buckwheat and saute.
- Mix in the water, salt, and saffron and allow it to cook for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Garnish with cashews, raisins, and cranberries.
translation missing: en.general.search.loading